Deciding whether you need a Saatva foundation for your new mattress depends on the kind of bed you have (platform beds, for example, don't need a foundation) and your existing mattress support.
You will need the Saatva box foundation if:
- Your existing foundation or support system is more than 7 years old.
- Your existing support creaks, has soft spots, or is damaged in any way.
- You want a foundation designed to support your specific mattress.
- You want a foundation that matches your mattress. We use the same organic cotton cover for the Saatva box foundation as we do for our mattresses.
You won't need the Saatva box foundation if:
- You purchased a mattress support system within the last 7 years.
- Your existing foundation is in good condition and provides sturdy center support.
- You don't mind not having matching foundation.
- You have a platform bed, which does not require a foundation.